A tourist identified by The Daily Mail livestreamed Sunday night’s mass shooting in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina when a suspect opened fire during a crowded street fight.
At least seven people were injured in the melee.
Bubba Hinson allegedly filmed the incident from his balcony, and in the video, you can hear over a dozen shots fired.
“I thought they were dancing. That’s why I started filming it,” Hinson told The Myrtle Beach Sun News. “Then, they started fighting. Then, they started shooting.”
Myrtle Beach’s Mayor John Rhodes released a statement on Sunday expressing his displeasure that the video had been live streamed, noting that “it does not look good for the city of Myrtle Beach.”
“Social media today puts this word out quickly,” he said.
“We’re gonna send a message to do everything that’s humanly possible to stop this violence in our city,” Rhodes added. “I’m sorry for our city that this happened.”
Myrtle Beach Police Department Lt. Joey Crosby noted on Sunday that a suspect in the shooting had been taken into custody.
“A suspect in this case has been identified and apprehended,” Crosby said.
He added that the name of the suspect “will be released once he has been medically cleared and the warrants can be served.”
The video has since been pulled down from Facebook, but you can see the footage in the YouTube video below.
Warning: the video below contains graphic violence and profanity.